Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Snowed In

This was a Christmas for the record books!

On Christmas Eve Joe and I drove to Kansas City in
the
Blizzard of 2009

I can't even remember the last time we had a white Christmas before this one.

Across our families ALL of our Christmas dinners were canceled and we holed up at Joe's parents and played games, ate lots of food and played in the snow like kids.

Yes, I made a snow angel!! haha!

Joe managed to blow some snow around (not that it did much good because it just kept falling!)

We finally made it to my parent's house to celebrate Christmas with them on Sunday.

And now that we're home I can't find the motivation to get our Christmas decorations down and put away.

When do you take your holiday stuff down? Do you wait until after New Years??

7 comments:

Brittney said...

Oh, how I miss the Kansas snow! (well, KS in general)

I was planning on taking my stuff down after the New Year, but living in south TX where it looks nothing like Christmas, I just couldn't take it all being out anymore. So I took it down today, back in their tubs and stored away for the next year!

Blair @ Reasonably Swanky said...

Oh wow! That's a lot of snow. It was 60 here on Christmas and rainy. I would like a little snow one year for Christmas but you can keep it any other day!

Have a great Tuesday!!

Alissa said...

Oh wow that looks like some serious snow. I've always wondered what it would be like to have a snowy Christmas sigh, no chance of that here.

Brittany Ann said...

We do. I can't muster up the energy till the weekend after New Years:)

Mrs. Carioca said...

Hey, I found your blog on the lives of doctor's wives blog. My husband is an anesthesia resident too. You're lucky you got so much snow on Christmas. What fun!

{:miss v:} said...

How fun to make snow angels! I'm glad you finally got to celebrate Christmas with your folks on Sunday.

I'm planning to take our decorations down on New Year's Day. That's usually when we do it!

Its So Very Cheri said...

We have heard from all of our family about all of the snow--wow--even when it does snow on Christmas you can usually see grass sticking up through the snow-
I hope you had a very Merry Christmas
Cheri

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs