Friday, August 14, 2009

Favorite Vacation Spots

Happy Friday! My bloggy friend Kelly is hosting another carnival and today's topic is VACATIONS. There's nothing I'd rather write about!


My favorite vacation spot is London - it is BY FAR my favorite city in the world (that I've been to!). Joe and I went last summer for about two weeks to Paris and London to celebrate me finishing my undergrad.

Buckingham Palace

Can't go to London without checking out the tele in the famous red booth

We created our own pub crawl...
British Museum
the Rosetta Stone
King's Cross Station (made famous by Harry Potter) and attempted to enter the wizard world through Platform 9 3/4.

One of the best ways to get a great view of the city was from the London Eye. Basically, a huge ferris wheel. We timed the ride for sunset. Perfection.
London Bridge
One of my favorite things we did, visited the longest running play in the West End. Agatha Christie's Mousetrap


Day trip to Windsor Castle, so so pretty

Stonehenge
Roman Baths in Bath, England


touching the "healing waters"We also drank some of the water (very warm and salty)

Joe and I always say if we win the lottery we will buy a country home outside of London and maybe we will pick up a British accent! Haha!

1 comments:

Joyce said...

just clicking over from Kelly's Korner ...I've been peeking in at all the London/UK posts. We just moved back to the US in June after 6 years in the UK. I especially loved your Windsor pics-we lived about 15 minutes from there in a little village. Sigh.

My girls spent their highschool years in England but they don't have an accent. Unless they want to of course : ) You look like you had a great trip!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs