Friday, August 28, 2009

Going Bananas

I'm baking some banana bread right now so I have time to whip up a quick post! My reeeeally good friend Jill and her hubs just bought a house so I'm baking some banana bread as part of her housewarming present. I make a MEAN banana bread (secret ingredient: buttermilk *wink*).

Friday is usually Joe and my "date night" but we usually have to plan for him to be about falling asleep around 9:30pm! Ha! But tonight I made dinner at home and we spontaneously decided to take a drive afterwards with Boomer. I think he can die happy now ;-)

Are you looking for a good deal on table linens? I found a GREAT sale today at Dillards and I just have to share. A LOT of their table runners, tablecloths, placemats and cloth napkins were on sale + 40% off today. I think tables look kind of lonely when they're not set - so I got some goodies today. Joe called this my "table scape" (you have to watch Sandra Lee from the Cooking Network to get the joke). I gotta find some old silverware to put out now...

Those plates are just old English china I found at thrift stores and garage sales. Seriously, for a buck or two and I've got white china coming out of my ears!

We are going up "north" a couple hours to help Jill and Michael move. I can't wait to see their new nest! Don't you hate moving? Having friends help you makes it bearable.

Oh, and please watch this video. I love cool old people and I want to be like this when I'm old:

2 comments:

Its So Very Cheri said...

Oh puppy dogs love car rides so much.
Just checking in with everyone and to give an update.
I have a new party starting- Wed Sept 2. So each week I will have the Knock Off Knock Out party on Mondays and the Holiday/Seasonal party on Wed. I hope you come for a visit.
New buttons to grab as well.
Cheri
Its So Very Cheri

Jane said...

I love banana bread! In fact, I think I have some bananas that have seen better days!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs