Friday, August 21, 2009

My Fantasy Baby Shower

It's time for the weekly "Show Us Your Life" tour with Kelly's Korner blog. Today's theme is BABY SHOWERS!

Since I haven't had a baby shower of my own (yet! ;-), I will show you my ultimate fantasy baby shower. I have been collecting pictures of fun baby showers in a little folder on my computer - do you do that? I have nursery inspiration picturess too, and baby announcement ideas, and ohhh could I go onnnn. But I wont. Haha!

I'm thinking a moroccan theme. Unique, no?
The invitation would feature gold scroll work along the border to set the theme.

We could have it outside under a canopy of flowing fabrics. We will all sit around on cushy chairs and pillows. Although, I don't know if I could sit on a pillow being pregnant and all ;-)

For decoration, we'd have lanterns and jewels and lots of fresh flowers in bright colors.

For food, we'd have a spread of goodies. The table would be adorned with paper lanterns. And yes, there would have to be a chocolate fountain!! Haha!

We would have tea and punch out of etched glasses to carry the theme through.

For dessert, we would have a lovely 3-layer strawberry cake like Martha made here.

And, for entertainment, we could have my pregnant belly painted with henna. (I'm sure I can hear my grandma screaming now at the thought of how indecent this would be!). And, since this is a fantasy, my belly would look perfect, just like this picture. No stretch marks. A woman can dream!! Haha!

Thanks for visiting! Stop HERE to enter in my GIVEAWAY if you'd like :)

5 comments:

Brittany Ann said...

oooooh, I love this! Especially the gorgeous henna belly!

The Southbay Newlyweds said...

this would be sooo much fun!

Melissa G said...

That would be so neat! A very unique baby shower. All those decorations are beautiful and the henna on the belly would be the icing on the cake! Cute!

Lindsey said...

Love the outdoor sitting area with pillows! That's always great for a party!

Anonymous said...

How did you come up with a Maracon theme? unique? definitely! but im really curious on where you came up with this inspiration. ;)

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs