Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Lazy

I having quite the lazy summer...

The nature of my job is that I'm sent on trips, but when I'm home I'm OFF. It's not a 9-5 job. Sometimes I work long days (my record is 19 hours straight!) and I definitely work lots of weekends. But, this week I'm off. Joe and I were talking last night and I don't think I've had consistent time off like this since I was a teenager. I've had a job since I was 16, worked all through college, every summer, etc. I'm just really trying to enjoy being lazy.

Not that I don't have *anything* going on...

One of my BFFs is engaged! I'm planning an engagement party for her so I've been working on all the party details like invitations, food and decorations.

I have every desire to keep unpacking all the boxes in the garage, but I haven't gotten around to it yet ;-)

I'm still planning some upcoming trips for work. Nothing too exciting this month, but I will be in North Carolina in a few weeks.

Speaking of working (traveling), I forgot to share a couple pictures that I still have from Washington DC.

I visited Obama's pad. Very cool.



I also went to Arlington National Cemetery. Part of my job is working for Service Members that are deploying for war. It is extremely humbling doing what I do. Sometimes I'm one of the last people a soldier sees before he/she is shipped out. How can I have a bad day at work when these people are going to WAR? I got very emotional at the cemetery. As cliche as it sounds, I'm so proud of our armed forces - I wish they got more media coverage. So many of them give their lives and if we treated each one of these as we do Michael Jackson's death I think we would be much better off.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i didn't expect it, but Arlington brought a tear to my eye. I was very moved in an extremely surprising way. Glad i went!

and now im mad that i didn't go to the back side of Obama's house. looks like you can get a lot closer on that side! next time!!!!! :-D

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs