Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sprinkles

I'm in the great state of North Carolina today - I flew in just a few hours ago for an assignment for work. Ya'll, it's sunny and warm here and I'm so glad because I'm tired of the rain we've been having in Kansas!!
I'm here for four days and I plan to FILL UP on some good southern sweet tea while I'm here!

I'm also working an idea around in my head. I'm trying to come up with a fun dessert idea to go along with cupcakes I'm making for my friend's engagement party I'm throwing in a few weeks. The theme will be kind of a nice backyard bar-b-q. I'm fixing some really cute cupcakes instead of an old-fashioned cake and I want something else too. I roamed the aisles at the supermarket last night... I picked up sprinkles and almond bark. You can't go wrong with those two, right?

10 comments:

Brittany Ann said...

Almond bark? I love that stuff!

Bea said...

Oh my goodness, I've never heard of almond bark. And I'm obsessed with all things almond. Where do you buy it? Hopefully I can get some here in Philly...

Its So Very Cheri said...

Thanks for coming by. I hope you'll come back and become a follower and subscribe. Lots of fun give a ways coming soon.
I didn't see a place to become a follower of yours.
Cheri
Its So Very Cheri

Its So Very Cheri said...

I forgot to ask what part of Ks. I have lived in the KC area, Lee's Summit, MO and Overland Park,Ks
Cheri

Its So Very Cheri said...

OK I am back to sign up as a follower and I have added you to my blog roll.

My sister and bro-in-law live right off State Line in Prairie Village.
I am curious who you work for that has you travelling so much.

I'm so glad you like the blog. I have soooo many ideas. If I shared them I would overwhelm my readers and my dear hubby.
Cheri

Allison said...

Yes, I am in KS!! (In Shawnee!) Where are you? Nice to meet you! What is your husband in again?

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting my page! I'm excited to follow Lives of Doctor Wives!

The almond bark caught my attention. I love that stuff! Future tip to make the best (in my opinion) cookies. It's a spin-off of the Girl Scout's chocolate/peanut butter cookies...

NEED: Ritz crackers (low sodium/no salt), almond bark, and peanut butter.

Make a whole bunch of peanut butter-ritz sandwiches. Then with melted almond bark, cover the sandwiches. Use tongs to help cover them entirely. (Place them on wax paper and let dry.)

I promise you they're to die for. Every time I make them, I eat about 5 a day! Let me know if you ever get around to making them :)

Melissa G said...

Oh i miss sweet tea! My family is living in Northern Ireland right now and nobody drinks it over here! They look at you like you're crazy to even consider drinking cold tea! =) I love it though!

Bea said...

Hey again! You are TOO kind to offer to send me almond bark!! I've had dipped pretzels and strawberries but only with chocolate or caramel.

Before I inconveience you, I'm going to have to investigate further. I'm assuming I should search the baking isle?

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Love me some southern sweet tea!!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs