Friday, January 29, 2010

Fashion Friday: Style Evolution

I'm joining Kelly's Korner blog today and we're discussing an issue close and dear to my heart. FASHION!! Ha!!

Well, my style has evolved a TON over the last few years. I used to be a college student and dressed like a SLOB. I did not go to a university (OU) and I wasn't in a degree program (engineering) that called for much style. So I pretty much looked like this 24-7.


Then I took a job where I sat at an office a great deal of time, and I invested in lots of cute business clothes and heels.





Then, I started traveling for work. A LOT. And I have struggled to find a cute way to dress when you spend so much time at the airport. Here are some ways it CAN be done!!



I do have some basic style RULES I try to stick to though!
1) Everyone needs a great pair of nude heels. They make your legs look a MILE long and they go with everything! These are my favorites, from Target.

2) Accessorize!! Bags, rings, necklaces make simple clothes POP. Look at that purse!

3) A belt makes it better.

4) Most important: wear what you LOVE!! It doesn't matter if anyone else likes it. If you feel cool, confident and happy in something OWN it!!


*Note* These pictures (unless otherwise obvious) ARE of my past outfits. I used to take a picture of myself everyday because I thought it was fun to look back on my past "styles". Haha!!

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!! I'M POSTING A GIVEAWAY SOON (when my camera will decide to cooperate!)

5 comments:

Ams said...

You look freaking cute...
I want some style. I have NONE! And I travel to see S all the time and I want to look cute doing it. That's it... starting now! Or something like that ;)

Bernie said...

I love, love, love your outfits.

Thanks for sharing.

Warmly,

Bernie

Michelle said...

I have been looking for a pair of nude heels, I'll try Target, thanks for the tip.

capperson said...

I love your outfits!!!!!

Jane said...

Loving your outfits! I dress like such a bum at work! They are supposedly enforcing a dress code soon. Then maybe I'll get cute too!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs