Monday, January 25, 2010

Grocery List

I thought it would be fun to do a post on things that I'm eating now that I'm on "The Slimdown of 2010 Because I'm Taking A Cruise With My In-Laws And Don't Want To Look Flabby"!! Ha! I'm eating a lot of the same things as usual but I have switched up some things too. Here's what I'm buying now. I'd love to know what kinds of things you eat when you're being healthy :)

Breakfast - the most important meal of the day!!
1. Quaker Oatmeal. I eat A LOT of oatmeal. I read somewhere oatmeal is one of the best foods you can eat because it's high in fiber and protein and low in sugar and calories!

2. Nutivia protein shake - I get this at Whole Foods. It's packed with vitamins.


Lunch:
1. Lean Cuisine French Bread Pizza. I'm not a big fan of most freezer meals but this one is YUM.

2. Tuna salad. Low in calories as long as you don't load it up with mayo!

3. Lean Cuisine Chicken Parmesean. My friend just introduced this to me. She's a major foodie and she called it "restaurant quality" and it IS that good.

4. Mr. Goodcents. I like their sandwiches better than Subway or Quiznos!


Snacks:
1. Emerald Cocoa Roasted Almonds, 100 Calorie Packs. Mmm.. chocolate... need I say more?

2. Blue Bell Fudge Bars. Only 110 calories and it's NOT a "diet" ice cream.

3. Fruit. My personal favorites are grapes, kiwi and grapefruit.

4. Cereal. I snack a lot on dry cereal like Cheerios.


Dinner:
1. Salmon. Love it and SO good for you!

2. Chicken breast with steamed fresh green beans.

3. Soup and Panini. I got a panini press for Christmas and I'm using it a lot!!



Now I want to know what YOU eat when you're healthy!! I can't wait to see your ideas!

7 comments:

Alissa said...

What a great list. It sounds like you're on the right track. I love tuna and that pizza really is good. I eat Zone bars a lot they actually are pretty good compared to most bars. I also like skinny cow ice cream for my sweet tooth yum.

ty said...

i LOVE the banana bread oatmeal. SUPER yum. and i agree with Leesie, the skinny cow ice cream sandwiches are really great and only 140 calories. i may or may not live on them.

capperson said...

Banana bread oatmeal sounds yummy. I'm going to have to try that!

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

Yummy...these are some of my favorites, too! Especially those Lean Cuisine meals...surprisingly good! Other good snacks I try to go for...Greek Yogurt...blueberry is my fave with a little Kashi cereal in it. Like the others, Skinny Cow...any of it is good. I can't remember exactly what they're called, but some kind of cinnamon sugar covered almonds that are a good snack. I also like the 90 calorie packs of rice cakes...so many good flavors!

{:miss v:} said...

Those are all such fabulous ideas! I'll have to try that Whole Foods shake!

My healthy ideas are all old skool so I don't want to bore you with those! But I love yours! Thanks!

Mrs. Dawkter said...

Just saying hello! Found your blog through doctor wives!

Lean cuisines, and oatmeal and skinny cow and weight watchers icecream are some of my staples! I also suggest arnold's sandwich thins they are nice for a low cal sandwich, and if you like hot dogs the fat free hebrew national on a light hot dog bun are fabulous!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that two of my staples are on your list and you like them! :) I'm proud. I told you that Chicken Parm was shockingly good. It's crazy. also, skinny cows are a staple now as well. Not too bad for a fat sandwich. also wheat chex. so filling and loaded with fiber!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs