Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Makeover

You know what I want?

Well. Besides this cake.

I don't know if it's because I haven't eaten solid foods for a week now (wisdom teeth rock) or what. But if I could dream up my perfect cake this would be it. I was looking through the pictures on my phone and I had totally forgotten I had taken this pic from a wedding magazine. Don't ask me why I was actually looking at a wedding magazine since I've been happily married to my husband for 3.5 years. Ha!

Anyway.

I would love a Master Bedroom makeover. And I don't know if you're allowed to call it a "makeover" if it was never made to begin with. I've never posted pictures of our Master because it's horrible. I hate it. The fancy design shows on t.v. say you should make your Master your sanctuary. A sanctuary would slap my Master bedroom in the face.

So, I went to Hobby Lobby to look at fabrics. My whole house is blues and greens. So here's what I liked right off the bat...




But then.

I was in Kohl's last week and fell in love with this glorious bedroom set. I love it. It's rich and dark and warm. It's also $200 for the comforter alone (what are you thinking Kohls?? You are no Macys!) so I didn't pull the trigger. Yet.


Do you think your Master Bedroom should match the same design scheme of the rest of your house?!?

5 comments:

Brittney said...

L-o-v-e that bedding! As far as the design scheme..as much as I want to decorate differently in each room, it's kind of hard because I'm immediately drawn to a certain palette of colors and I'm too chicken to veer away from that. So, right now most of our rooms have close to the same colors. But I say, just do you what you love!

Unknown said...

I don't think your master bedroom had to be the same colors as the rest of your home, but personally I wouldn't like it if it were a dramatic change. If your house is whimsical with rich colors, and then your master bedroom is decorated in nautical/beach, then I think it throws off the feel of the house. I hope you'll post pics of the makeover :)

Alissa said...

Ooh cute fabrics. I'm sure whatever you decide will come together. Lately, I like when things don't match I think it makes the look very unique and unexpected.

Kathryn said...

I STRUGGLE with the master and whether it should match or not. Ours is just off our living room, but if we have people over, we would just close the door anyway.
It still bothers me though...but I'm OCD like that. :-)

I love all of the pretty fabrics!

Sarah said...

I don't have a strict style that the entire house is done in. I love way too many different styles to ever be able to do that. =] I say if you like it, go for it!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs