Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Run

I thought I would give an update on how my running was going. And YES it's GOING!!

Last weekend I went to the mall in search of some new running shoes. I had worked up to running 1.3 miles and I think that deserves a treat - don't you!?! (I realize that some of you may actually be "runners" and you're thinking 'you really think it's a big deal to run 1.3 miles?!!?' but for someone who could barely run a lap on the track several weeks ago, this is a big step! 26 miles means nothing to me (my legs quiver at the thought) and I don't think I will ever run a marathon but hopefully by Fall I can do a 5K FOR CHARITY!


Also, I hope there are some "runners" who will read this because there are some things you don't realize until you start running. Let's join hands in sisterhood for a moment.

And I think you'll know what I mean when I say

I never understood why porta-potties were so frequently placed on marathon trails...

Anyway, so far so good! I can't wait to be able to update you and tell you I can handle a whole TWO miles. Or THREE POINT ONE!!

I also have something very exciting I'm going to do later this week. I'm going to do a video-blog ("vlog"?) on my favorite beauty products and then a GIVEAWAY and give a lucky follower a set of everything I love for herself. Fun, huh?

Happy Wednesday to you!

5 comments:

ty said...

hahahaha, i totally understand why there are portojohns out there. it never fails, i ALWAYS have to pee once i start. it's even worse if you trail run. i got swarmed by fireants trying to pee in the woods.

come to think of it, that might warrant its own post verrrry soon :)

Tris-star said...

Good for you! I just ran for the first time (I had been doing elliptical) and ran 1.5 miles on my first try! I was so proud, but today I only ran a mile before I had to walk. I guess I was sore!

RN Mama said...

Congrats on your running! Keep it up! I'm a wanna-be runner too, and I know first hand, that it's much harder than it looks!

That Pink Girl said...

Way to go with the running! Little by little those miles add up and before you know it, you are surprising yourself with how far you can actually go! Believe me, I never thought I'd end up a marathoner!
Found you from Kelly's Korner - love your blog! (and your style!)

Prissy Southern Prep said...

I am also in the middle of training for a 5k. Those shoes are so cute! I have to tell you, I love Mizuno running shoes. I tried on a million different kinds of running shoes, but the second I put the Mizunos on and walked around - I was sold!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs