Thursday, May 6, 2010

Cinco De Mayo Party

Last night Joe and I went to a party with all of the other first year Anesthesia residents and their wives and kids. We try to get together once a month and I LOVE getting together because we all have so much in common.

Friday is Katie's birthday - she's married to one of the other residents. So I made her an (amateur) chocolate cake. I asked Joe how to say "Happy Birthday" in Spanish so I could write it on the top of the cake. Huge boo-boo on my part - I decorated the cake on this cute cake pedestal I have and then I realized I didn't have any way of covering it up! So I rode all the way with it on my lap willing Joe to NOT hit any bumps!! Ha!


We had all kinds of Mexican food. The girl that hosted has parents who own a restaurant and she's a great hostess and cook herself!


Joe and I bought a pinata and stuffed it with all the kids' favorite candy. There's only three kids in the group right now but they keep everyone pretty entertained as it is.


Did you do anything for Cinco de Mayo???

2 comments:

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

Looks like a great time
When the kids went to bed i had a margarita with my neighbors.

Annie said...

How fun! I always have to carry my cakes too! And most of the time, I'm driving when I have to do it. Don't ask me how, but I haven't dropped a cake yet.

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs