Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Dream Bedroom

I'm joining The Seattle Smiths today for Wishful Wednesday because I LOVE talking about rooms that inspire me! Joe and I recently redecorated our Master Bedroom and I still haven't shared the final pictures yet (I'm still finishing up sewing pillows! Ha!). However, I wanted to share a picture of a bedroom I've had saved on my computer for a long time because it screams COZY :)

 'I wish' .... I could come home to this 
________ bedroom every night!
Don't you just want to jump in bed? I love the calming colors, the rustic white furniture against the dark hardwood floors. The beautiful fabric that sets off the headboard and those mounted lamps! Oh, and if someone could deliver fresh flowers to my nightstand once a week that would be great! Ha!

Oh, and my OCD kicked in and I fully researched a way to re-create this look!

I love this white bedroom set from JCPenney:

And these Wal-mart lamps would certainly work:
Add a few beachy prints from Amazon:
Follow Martha's instructions for duplicating the pillows:
Throw a few cheap milk vases on the dresser:

And voila! You're in business!
By the way, our new Master Bedroom looks nothing like this picture but I'm really happy with how it turned out too! I can't wait to show you!

12 comments:

star said...

Graet choice lady! I like the curtain hanging above the bed!

Ashley said...

Ooh, pretty! I like it! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you really accesorized the room.. :) I really llike your choice too!

A Wedding Story said...

I just LOVE this room! It looks sort of french country and it's very sweet!

Anonymous said...

I love that room!! Those colors are so relaxing! Hope your having a great day! xoxo

Beth McC. said...

LOVE IT! Its so pretty and peaceful! Makes me want to revamp my room! Your blog is too cute~!

What's New with Mrs.T said...

I think its so pretty... very warm and inviting... and loooks comfy!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I love how "in" white furniture is. It creates a light sense!

Samantha said...

This room makes me want to take a nap asap! And I love how you planned it all out!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for "hopping" over to my blog today! Love your room pics and your blog design!

Brittany Ann said...

We have the exact same taste! I found similar milk vases at IKEA for $1.50 each.

♥ sarah said...

i love your style! that top room you picked is so beautiful! i also love the layout of your blog! xoxo

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs