Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Life Lesson

And I thought the fact that my basement flooded from a burst pipe was
the end of the world.

Well... people in Nashville are experiencing REAL flooding.


My mom always told me, "No matter how bad you think YOU have it, there's always someone who has it worse."

I have a serious question for you. Do you ever see someone's life and you think "Man, she's got it all together. She's got the perfect life. The perfect husband. Or the perfect job. Or the cutest, most well behaved kids. Or the biggest house. Or maybe the coolest car. Or the most interesting vacations or hobbies." I do. But I'm learning that no one is free from problems. It's important in life to appreciate the things you DO have. Please tell me I'm not the only one who struggles with this! Ha!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I struggle with those same feelings all the time...and i hate it. You are not alone. Maybe it is a combination of thinking the grass is always greener or just trying to keep up with the Joneses.

Sassy In The South said...

I think that about people all the time and wonder how they do it! But, I am learning more and more that nobody has the "perfect" life and we all fight our own battles. I feel so bad for the flood victims :(

Day Old News said...

Less and less now that I've seen so many people who seemed perfect reveal a serious character flaw or secret struggle in their life that I really know there is nobody perfect. Now if I could just believe that to be true of my perfectionist self!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs